Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Twilight and good covers!

So, I trust that over the last month or so you all have started reading the wonderful series that is the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. Best books EVER. Well, for those of you who aren't reading the series, this will be meaningless to you. Not entirely meaningless, so keep reading. I recently downloaded Charlotte Martin's album entitled Reproductions and it is fantastic. "Reproductions" meaning all the songs are covers. Really good covers. One of my favorites is "Bizarre Love Triangle" (originally performed by New Order- think 80's), and it totally belongs on the soundtrack for the first Twilight movie. Hands down. I think it would be more fitting if it were the Charlotte Martin version...only because the mood is a little different sounding because she slows it down a lot. Beyond things relating to the Twilight series- she also covered a Kate Bush song!!! I love Kate Bush. My current favorites from the album are (original artist's name is in parentheses):

1. "Bizarre Love Triangle" (New Order)
2. "Cloudbusting" (Kate Bush)
3. "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter In a Small Town," which, I had absolutely no idea was originally done by Pearl Jam until just now
4. "Song to the Siren" (Tim Buckley)

I'm sure I will eventually love every song once I listen to them all thoroughly. I've been a fan of Charlotte Martin for quite a while, most her songs are piano-heavy which I love.

other random songs that I am liking right now:
"In Your Atmosphere" -John Mayer, from his Live in LA album
the entire Rearrange Us album by Mates of State
"My Love for You is Real" -Ryan Adams

No comments: