Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February.

Honestly, that's as creative of a title I could think of. It's been a while, and this month has mostly been comprised of work and me being tired (my life story, basically). But I'm happy to say it's all downhill from here. My sister is getting married this weekend - YAY! - and then my husband and I are off to the beach for a little four day vacation. Cannot. wait.

Hope everyone's Valentine's Day was fabulous. Ours was pretty low key. To avoid the crowds, we went to our favorite local Mexican restaurant, which we probably would have done on Tuesday night anyway. I bought myself a purse (Thirty-One's 5th Avenue, it has a gazillion pockets and is awesome) and told Ross "thanks for my Valentine's Day present!!!" For the record, I bought it used for a significantly cheaper price than what it retails for...so...go me! And then he sent me beautiful flowers at work even though we agreed not to do anything special for each other. :)

I feel like I need to share this with other iPhone (or smartphone in general) users. Maybe I'm behind the times, but I just recently started using the app Songza. Love it so far, and it's serving as a very good replacement for the SiriusXM music stations I loved so dearly but no longer want to pay for.

Speaking of music...I recently went through a week long-ish period of complete White Stripes obsession. Also just recently heard Jack White's new single, "Love Interruption"...thoughts? I like the female vocal, but could do without whoever is singing it. I also finally realized who Jack White reminds me of:
The child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that, since I found this picture on google from someone's tumblr (tumblog? I don't know). I then stumbled upon the fact that Roald Dahl was the screenwriter for that film...who knew?!

I've moved on from my incessant White Stripes listening to other things now, and here are a few songs currently on my playlist:
1. Change of Heart - El Perro Del Mar (original version and Robyn's Rakamonie Remix...I think I actually prefer the remix, but I like both)
2. Someone Like You - Adele...I could listen to this song a million times a day and probably not get tired of it.
3. Are You Satisfied? - Marina & the Diamonds
4. As Ugly As I Seem -The White Stripes (a current WS favorite of mine)
5. Come Back Down - Greg Laswell featuring Sara Bareilles

Post sister's-wedding-and-beach update to come soon! I plan on at least getting a good pic of me in my bridesmaid dress I found at a thrift store for $35...AWESOME.

2 comments:

Robin said...

:D yay for weddings and beach trips and music! I might have to check out Songza, though I don't have a smartphone as of right now. Wonder if they have a desktop app as well as a smartphone app?

And 35 bucks for a bridesmaid's dress? GO YOU! :D :D

Ashlee said...

Do we get to see the bridesmaid dress now?!? :)