1. We had another uneventful weekend, hanging around the apartment with the exception of Ross's grandmother's birthday party. We go crazy on the weekends, obviously.
2. I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST. Finally had an appointment today, and let's just say I walked out with a long list of crap-that's-wrong-with-my-teeth and thoughts of "maybe I should sell my car to pay for all of this." Oh happy day!!!
3. On chapter 7 of Mockingjay - love it so far! I now have a library card, so I'm hoping to find some good (and free) post-Hunger Games reads for my Nook. And yes, I'm still reading Wuthering Heights (it kind of got shelved after I started HG).
4. Declared this week to be "healthy eating/cooking week." So far, so good. I've made two meals this week that I found via pinterest, and they both turned out great! Bubble Up Enchiladas and Lemon Garlic Tuna Burgers if you're interested.
5. Some thoughts on grocery shopping:
• I could not find anything on my list at Earth Fare. I thought I'd do my entire shopping trip there...either I am severely challenged when it comes to navigating that store, or they sell nothing I need. I only plan on going back for meat & produce, but honestly, who wants to go to two grocery stores??
• I'm done with making grocery lists on my iphone. Somehow, I accidentally check off items without realizing it, and then when I get home I end up in that "I'm so pissed off HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT" kind of mood. so I'm sticking with a paper and pen from now on.
6. (Healthy continued) I downloaded the "My Fitness Pal" app and it's helping in the calorie-counting arena. Eating less calories is important if you are trying to lose weight, but I wonder how much it's actually helping me. I'm an instant-results kind of person, obviously, since I'm asking that question after two days of cutting calories. Back to the app - I'm pretty impressed with how easy it is to find items. Tonight, I easily found the calorie information specifically for the tuna burgers from the exact blog where I got the recipe. Exciting, right?
7. There are two shows I am really liking right now: The Ricky Gervais Show on HBO, and Workaholics.
Current fave song:
Happy May, y'all!