Thursday, December 6, 2007

Band of Horses


I am loving these guys right now. Turn up your volume and you can hear one of my favorite songs by them. I heard their music for the first time last year on The Road Mix: Music From The Television Series One Tree Hill Vol. 3 (I don't even watch the show, but I recommend this cd). The song on the OTH soundtrack is called "Funeral" and it's a great song. THEN, last week I was at Murphy's in Boone and I'm pretty sure I heard "Is There a Ghost" on the radio. I didn't know it was Band of Horses, but their sound is pretty distinctive. So my thought process was "I know that sound...kind of similar to the song "Funeral"...Band of Horses!!!" I love it when I hear a song on the radio I like and then I'm able to figure out who it is, because it always sucks when you can't.

So anyway- "Is There a Ghost" is really good song, and so are the rest of the songs posted on their myspace. I specifically like "Is There a Ghost," "No One's Gonna Love You," and "The General Specific" ...but like I said, they are all good. I plan on buying the whole cd on iTunes in the very near future!

This 1:30am bedtime thing has got to end.

No comments: