I think it's time for another top five list!...I should be folding laundry or something but really, who wants to do that? All of the songs this week might not have lengthy explanations but you should listen to all of them anyway. ok here it is:
1. The entire Safetysuit album. I really like this band. My favorite songs thus far are "Annie," and "Something I Said." You can hear both of them on their myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/safetysuit.
2. "Real Love" by Regina Spektor. Originally by John Lennon. She does such a beautiful cover of this song...I've found the sheet music and it looks pretty easy to play so maybe you'll hear me singing it in a coffee shop one day or something. hah! Seriously though, it is such a pretty song and, even better, it's featured on the album Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur. Good song, good artist, good cause.
3. "Tracing" by John Mayer. I love his songwriting. I also have full intentions of buying his as/is live album very soon because it sounds reealllly good.
4. "London Rain (Nothing Heals Me Like You Do)" by Heather Nova.
5. "Get Better" by Mates of State. If you haven't ever listened to Mates of State, you should. I am a big fan. It's basically a husband and wife duo- he plays the drums, she plays the organ. I know, you're thinking "umm...organ?" but it's a really good sound. And the song "Get Better" actually features the piano instead. Anyway, they are definitely unique. http://www.myspace.com/matesofstate if you're interested!
and that's it. Now that you have my stamp of approval on all these songs, you can go listen to them and soak up the musical goodness. :)