Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. What are your pantry staples?
Umm...haha. Right now, my pantry is an abyss. On my to-do list is inventory everything.

2. What are your refrigerator staples?
See above. Just kidding, my fridge isn't quite as bad. Orange juice, milk, Pepsi and cheese.

3. You already look like Heidi Klum (or your favorite supermodel). Now, what are the top three non-physical things you would change about yourself?
That's tough. And I mean that in a completely non-cocky way, it's just hard to pinpoint exactly what I would choose to change. I could stand to be more assertive, I wish I was more organized, and more motivated.

4. What's holding you back from your dream job? (If you already have your dream job, how did you get there?)
The short answer: money.
The long answer: Well, what I think would be my dream job (still a little uncertainty there) would involve more money and schooling. The tough part is that it's completely non-related to anything I've studied before. That would mean the schooling wouldn't be improving upon what I already have (i.e. getting a Masters degree), but starting completely over. And it isn't like law school, so in other words, it would basically be a completely new Bachelor's degree. Not to mention it would be in a field where I think there is a lot of uncertainty, and getting a job would be quite a feat (but that's almost every field right now, I suppose). It would probably also involve me not being able to work full-time while going back to school. Kind of a perfect storm for financial disaster. Just call me Debbie Downer.

5. You have $500 to spend but it has to be on one item only. Go.
If we are speaking in terms of frivolity, I'd say a new Kate Spade bag. Reality - my car is in need of some body work, so I'd probably do that.

6. What is something you are embarrassed to admit you buy on a regular basis?
Starbucks. The item isn't embarrassing - but I'm embarrassed to admit that my habit has become out of control lately. Like seriously, I don't even want to know how much I spent on coffee the past month. My excuse is that I can't get coffee I make at home to taste right.

7. What's in/on your bed every night?
Pillows, sheets, blanket, and my super soft green blanket that I got from Target.

8. What is a non-necessity item that, no matter how expensive it gets or how tight your budget is, you will always find room for?
Nail polish. I've always found it to be a good way to buy something new and fun even if you are having to clamp down on the rest of your spending.

9. What is the weirdest sandwich you've ever made?
I haven't, really. But my husband always eats cheetos ON his sandwiches (like if he has a turkey and cheese sandwich or something). I think that's pretty weird.

10. Would you rather: Be banned from Pinterest forever, but gain a million captive Twitter followers; or, never get on Facebook again but gain five thousand blog readers?
Tough question. I think I would go with the Pinterest scenario. Of all those things, Pinterest is what I use the least. I don't really care about Twitter, but I think I'd rather keep Facebook and live with the fact that probably only 5 people read my blog. :)

Questions found here.

No comments: