Monday, November 12, 2007

pianos and cake decor

I am so very desperate to learn how to play the piano. I can read music, but on the French horn I only had to read notes on the treble clef- not the bass clef. I *can* read on the bass clef, it just takes me longer with the whole eye-to-hand reaction. I can play a few of Regina Spektor's songs, and one or two songs by Coldplay. I'm sure they are all easy pieces, so it's no real accomplishment. I just want to take lessons to get more familiar with chords, theory, etc. I learned almost zero theory in high school band, so right now my brain is useless in that department. BUT I am going to start taking lessons soon if it's the last thing I do. Being able to play the piano is one of the few goals in my life that is certain right now.

Hopefully I will be signing up for a cake decorating class at the community college tomorrow! I'm excited! I have always loved how people can make wedding cakes so pretty, and that is very random. Random or not, I am happy about getting to take the class! yay for cake decorating!

Another very important announcement: I AM SEEING TORI AMOS TOMORROW NIGHT IN CONCERT! Words cannot describe how excited I am about this. I have loved her music for years, but I haven't ever seen her live. I also have seats that are five rows from the front, so that should be pretty awesome. I'm sure the whole concert will be awesome.

I wish tomorrow could be Veteran's Day again. I mean seriously, they deserve a whole week. But since it's only one day, that means I have to work, which also means I should probably go to sleep now. So that's all for today!

I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be
but if you wait around a while I'll make you fall for me
I promise, I promise you I will

-When in Rome
...good 80's song!

No comments: