Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Just say no...to aspartame. (+Ten on Tuesday)

I'm at day 10 of my no-more-diet-drinks experiment (don't think I even mentioned that I was doing it, so there, now you know)...so far, so good. I've heard from multiple sources that artificial sweeteners are pretty awful, and my Diet Dr. Pepper habit was just getting out of control. Horribly dangerous or not, we can all agree that tea is a much better option than any soft drink. In light of this, however, when I absolutely must have a soft drink, I've gone back to normal rather than diet. Probably not the best choice. And I can't make the switch to unsweetened tea, for now it's half and half. Either way, I've managed successfully put a dent in my soft drink consumption which is progress.

And for the sake of randomness...Ten on Tuesday (found here)
1. What do you order at Starbucks?
Tough one. Depends on the season. Last purchase there was a Pumpkin Spice Latte, I believe.

2. Where is your favorite place to eat breakfast?
My options are limited since I live in such a small town, but there's a local joint called Ken & Mary's that's pretty good. I also LOVED Corner Bakery (specifically their Swiss Oatmeal) when I spent a summer in DC...but haven't been to one since.

3. Are you on Twitter? Why or why not?
Of course. All the cool kids are doing it.

4. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Way too hard to choose. Ones that come to mind are Christmas Vacation, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and The Santa Clause.

5. Are you a gift giver?
I'm going to have to go with no on that one. :/ I try...but unfortunately, I'm lacking in the creativity department.

6. Do you like your handwriting? Bonus for posting a picture.
I do! And, yes, I also have too much time on my hands.

7. Is your signature legible? Bonus points for posting a picture.
Gonna skip out on the picture for this...but I don't think it's legible. My name is fairly long, so making it legible would take too much time.

8. Have you ever been to New York during Christmas season?
No! but close. I was there towards the beginning of November...there were a few signs of Christmas around, but I would love to go in December someday.

9. Are there any items that you are completely brand loyal?
Not really. Although I tend to stick with the same face wash for long periods of time. And I mostly stick to the "Simply" line of juice (Simply Orange, Simply Apple, etc).

10. Who is your favorite public speaker?
No clue.

Next on the agenda...my Christmas wishlist (a must-read)!

No comments: