Monday, February 28, 2011

wedding schmedding

So, the big day is right around the corner...eek! There is much to be planned, and conveniently, "planner" might be the antithesis to my name. For real. But it is forcing me to be a planner, which is kind of good. I might grow from this.

Caution: the following is what could be considered as a rant.
The dress. Quite possibly the most exciting part of the whole wedding (you know, besides the whole spending-the-rest-of-your-life-with-someone thing). I envisioned laughter, tears (mom's), and good times all around with my sister and mother. One bridal store (I won't name any names, but you could possibly rhyme it with Cavid's Fridal), however, had other plans. If you could envision the worst possible nightmare experience EVER at a bridal store, that's basically what happened to me. Keep in mind this was also my very first time trying on any dresses. The store was, on a whole, a mess in terms of organization, checking people in for appointments, etc. My "consultant" was probably 65 years old, wearing a hideous sweater dress, smelled a little like cigarette smoke, and was so unfriendly and unhelpful it was unreal. My choice of words in assessing the situation to my mom, I believe, were: "this is a f$%#ing disaster." I really can't think of a time or place where I had customer service worse than what I experienced there. And today, up pops an email from none other than said bridal store! Among other things, they were asking me to take a survey. HAHA! I wrote a scathing email to their customer service when this first happened, but it's like really, what can they do? Because I'm for sure not going back. Unless maybe they offered me $1,000.00 but that is unlikely.

Moral of the story? I don't recommend them. I'm not much for google reviews, but if google reviews say the particular store in your area is bad, then for the love of God, trust them. Or just trust me.

But all is well that ends well, and I found the perfect dress at a fantastic store that I stopped at on a whim. So far, all other details seem to be working themselves out. My only other complaint would be that it is unnecessarily difficult to get prices/quotes from vendors via email. It's 2011, people! Get with it!

I apologize that this post was more of (ok, almost completely) a rant, but sometimes bad experiences at stores are worthy of a blog post. If only everything were as easy as shopping at Zappos.com.

No comments: