Tuesday, October 11, 2011

a wish list, and more Kassidy

I don't keep a physical wish list, but my mental list has been getting pretty long lately. Turns out marriage means way more bills. More bills, and a lot less money to burn (as if "burning it" was a wise choice before). So, my list of things-I-can't-buy-now is a whole lot longer than it used to be. I'm pretty sure a lot of the funds are sitting in my closet, and somewhere on my to-do list is figure out ebay so I can sell all the junk (re: purses I don't carry anymore) and make room for the new!

1. Riding boots. (Am I the only one who calls them that?) This hasn't been a money issue as much as it has been a picky issue. I am VERY picky about riding boots. Certain heels I like, certain ones I don't, I don't want them to look like cowboy boots, but I don't want them to look too military, I don't want too many buckles, but I don't want them to be plain. I'll admit, it's all getting a bit ridiculous and eventually I will just have to settle.

2. A new black purse. I need a solid black purse. One smaller than my Longchamp. Again, this has been somewhat of an I-can't-decide problem. I want it to be casual but dressy if I need it to be. I can't spend $400, but I don't want it to look cheap.

3. A piano. Haha, I know, WHOA where did that come from. A couple years ago, I started piano lessons because it's something I want to do, and I need a hobby. For various reasons, it didn't work out, but I want to try it again. I would love to have a nice digital piano. Actually, I would prefer a real one, but space is a small issue considering we live in an apartment.

4. A pair of Birkenstocks. Just call me Julie Patchouli, but they might be some of THE most comfortable shoes on the planet earth. I've been through two pairs already, and I need new ones. Yes, I said *need.* I can't wear my ever-so-stylish Danskos everyday of the fall and winter, ok??

5. Ballet flats. ACTUAL ballet flats. I think they are super cute, and this confirms my suspicion that I'm not the only one who wants to wear them in public.

Is all that too much to ask for? I think not.

On a completely random note, we all know I love a good cover song, and I'd love to know what you think about this:

No comments: