Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas continued: decking the halls!

Everyone else is posting pictures of their trees and Christmas decor, and I took pictures a week ago with the same intention...so here we are!


The perfect Christmas tree! This was a difficult choice for me, and major props to my husband for standing in Lowe's while I stared at pre-lit trees for an hour trying to make a decision. I grew up with real trees, so the switch to an artificial wasn't easy, but it made the most sense. The tree is pre-lit with clear lights, but I added multi-color strands. :) It being the first year I've had my very own tree to decorate, I cannot believe how expensive tree skirts are! Maybe it's just me, but I refuse to fork over $40 for a round piece of fabric that someone decorated. I bought the cheapest one I could find at Target...solid red, and it was either $15 or $20.





My stocking display...another "first" - first year without a fireplace! These shelves are a great replacement. On a side note, we have the most randomly placed thermostat.





And the elf & ornaments. Plenty of NC State candy canes and my little ASU snowman! My grandmother has an (very vintage) elf she puts up every year and has a few smaller elf ornaments. I love them, and happened to find one in a store. I just realized the ornament on the bottom left kind of resembles a grapefruit. The picture doesn't do it justice, though. It's beaded and sparkly, and I bought it when I visited the Biltmore in December a couple years ago.

I love Christmas decorations, and I may just leave mine up until March. Ok, not really, but I wish I could!

No comments: