Thursday, December 22, 2011

last update before the holiday madness begins

We have been busy since not long after Thanksgiving. Busy, and I've been tired. Not that ten+ days without a post is a rare thing around here. Between work and getting ready for Christmas, there hasn't been much time.

I did really well this Christmas in terms of shopping. Really well considering I'm usually a day-before-Christmas marathon shopper. With work and an hour-long commute home at the end of the day, I realized there would definitely not be time for that. I wouldn't say I started early, but it's one step closer, so maybe next year I'll have most of it finished before December 1!

Speaking of December, I cannot believe tomorrow is the first day of winter and it's supposed to be 70 degrees here. This is ridiculous, and I hate it. Honestly, ever since I moved back from Boone, there have been several heavy sweaters I can't even wear because it just doesn't get that cold. I like the seasons, winter included, and I at least want to be able to comfortably wear a sweater and a cute scarf or something without burning up. Snow would be nice, too, but I realize the chances are slim.

The next item on my list of things to talk about is: Merry early Christmas to me, I have a Nook! I bought it yesterday. Just the Nook Simple Touch. I really like the Kindle Fire, but I don't want to feel like I'm staring at another computer screen after I've stared at one all day. I like that the basic e-readers look so much like book pages, and I'm kind of disappointed that the Fire, etc don't have an option to somehow switch display modes. Someone get on that.

I guess if I decide I want a tablet, I'll spring for an iPad. I got some funny looks from everyone some people (namely my husband) when I told them I wanted a Nook, because I'm not big into reading. But maybe now I will be? Seemed like good logic for purchasing one. Haha. In all seriousness, there are a lot of books I want to read, and this just makes them way more accessible. First on my list is (free, of course) Wuthering Heights. Don't ask me why, because I realize it's kind of random. I'm also excited to get into this whole library thing, I guess I need to get a library card so I can borrow via my Nook. Yay reading!

This weekend (and beginning of next week) is going to be a whirlwind of traveling and family get-togethers, and I'm excited to see everyone and spend a few days in the mountains. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!! I'll leave you with our we-didn't-send-out-Christmas-cards-so-I-posted-a-picture-on-facebook picture:


ps. our bow is red, not pink. (it kind of looks pink in this picture, doesn't it?)

No comments: