Tuesday, January 3, 2012

a shiny, brand new year!

Happy 2012 to you all! Hope everyone had a very relaxing and stress-free holiday. Ours felt crazy busy...four family get-togethers. Thanks, marriage. I do love every second of it, though. I managed to squeeze in a few days away at my grandparents' mountain home. Definitely needed that, but it wasn't long enough (it never is).

Christmas in the mountains


Those few days away gave me time to enjoy my new Nook, which I actually AM using. Currently reading Wuthering Heights and loving it. It was actually kind of witty here and there in the first few chapters, which was a bit of an unexpected surprise. I'm only on chapter ten, so I have a ways to go. Not sure what book is next...so many choices!

Other Christmas gifts I'm enjoying include

my Minnetonka Moccasins/slippers, and my new pink Snuggie, for starters. The pink was a welcomed replacement for my camo one. Somehow I always manage to wind up with Snuggies after Chinese Christmas/Dirty Santa/whatever-you-want-to-call-it games.

Now for my Minnetonka mini-advertisement (can I get paid for this?). The moccasins have lived on my feet for the past four-ish days because they are amazing. They are toasty warm, soft enough to be bedroom slippers but durable enough to wear out, and they molded to the shape of my feet after a few wears. Five stars.

And...I jumped on the Keurig bandwagon! Didn't feel like that warranted a picture. It really just made sense, especially since my husband is not a coffee drinker. Best part...I don't have to wash the darn thing out everyday. I know, how lazy is that? But for real.

As for New Year's resolutions, I'm still thinking about those. Really, if I had any, they'd mostly be things I've been trying to do all along. Come up with a cleaning routine, wake up earlier, go to bed earlier (obviously I'm trying real hard), eat healthier, the norm. Maybe it would help if I set goals. Well, resolutions or no resolutions, last year was wonderful and I hope this year is even better. 

No comments: