Tuesday, October 30, 2007

semi-long day


So that pretty much sums how I feel someti...well, most the time actually. hah!

But we'll start off with more pleasant things, like how "Iceblink Luck" by the Cocteau Twins is one of my new favorite songs! I was looking at Feist's "celeb playlist" on iTunes the other day and she had it listed. It just has really good vocals (or at least I think so) and I like the song. The lyrics don't entirely make sense to me, but that's ok. It might take a couple seconds to load but listen to it...it's a good song, I promise! It just makes you feel happy. (:



However, there are several things I could complain about right now...how today I got stuck behind someone on I-85 going 40 miles an hour which resulted in a semi almost rear-ending me at 70 miles an hour, or, well I'm going to just stop there.

My concern for the month of November is getting tickets to see Tori Amos in Charlotte. I am the only one I know, though, who likes Tori Amos. I wouldn't mind going by myself, but it's Charlotte...at night...by myself. Probably nothing to worry about, but I'd rather not go alone. Oh well. I have loved Tori Amos since at least my freshmen/sophomore-ish year in high school and this is like the fifth time she's been to Charlotte. I think it's finally time I saw her live. Haha...that whole paragraph kind of makes me sound like a loser but really, who else around here likes Tori Amos?? I can't think of anyone. I hate dragging someone along who doesn't really listen to her music, but I'm sure it will work out.

Anyway. I had someone say to me the other day (in regards to me working for my dad), "You didn't go to college for four years to do that." Seriously? Don't tell me what I went to college for. I went to college for a DEGREE. It may have been political science, but I swear at least 90% of the people I ask aren't doing anything that relates to what they actually majored in. That's not to say I won't someday get into politics, but for now, I'm where I want to be. Or at least I think so- but that's beside the point. That was just something that irritated me. Just because I am working for my dad doesn't mean it's a less real job. In no way, shape or form am I saying I want to make some huge career out of working for my dad but for now it is just working out well.

On a higher note, I am excited about CHRISTMAS! This whole season has been great. I basically love October-January. I love all the seasons, but I think fall/winter are my favorites.

No comments: