1. "Smells Like Teen Spirit" -Nirvana/Tori Amos. I know, I know, all my lists have to include Tori Amos. But seriously, a Nirvana song being performed by a girl on a lone piano? I promise, you'll see the song in a whole new light. Or at least I did.
2. "Oh Father" -Madonna/Sia. Case of the cover being better than the original.
3. "Real Love" -John Lennon/Regina Spektor. I just love Regina Spektor, that is all. Purchased this song off the Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur album.
4. "Bizarre Love Triangle" -New Order/Charlotte Martin. I love a good 80's song, and this cover=amazing.
5. "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town" -Pearl Jam/Charlotte Martin. At this point we're seeing a pattern of my love for acoustic piano performances of 90's rock songs. Crazy how it completely changes the mood of the song.
6. "Bitches Ain't Shit" -Dr. Dre/Ben Folds. Ben Folds = genius. I love listening to this song in my car. haha.
7. "Free Fallin" -Tom Petty/John Mayer. Great, simple cover of a great song.
8. "Jolene" -Dolly Parton/The White Stripes. I think Jack White has a thing for old female country singers...?
9. "Where Is My Mind?" -The Pixies/Yoav. First heard of Yoav when he opened for Tori Amos. (Somehow, it all goes back to Tori amos, doesn't it?) This is a very trippy, weird version of Where is My Mind...but, that's kind of fitting.
10. "Come Talk to Me" -Peter Gabriel/Bon Iver. Love Peter Gabriel and this song. Love Bon Iver and love the banjo. A combination of all four, FTW!
Well, that's my strange little compilation...anyone have some favorites you'd like to share with the rest of us?