Friday, January 14, 2011

I hate healthy...or, we don't seem to get along anyway.

Not really. I would love to be healthy. The idea of eating quality, healthy food really sounds good to me. I'm just not so good at the follow-through part, which I guess is the excuse most people use.

Unfortunately, I don't do well with things like Weight Watchers. It boils down to a black and white issue. Weight Watchers gives me too much freedom. They say, "why yes, you can have potato chips - but just three." Well I can't just eat three. I end up throwing my hands in the air and saying, screw this, I'm eating however many potato chips I want! I think what I *need* is a strict plan. Black or white. Yes or no. None of this "well, you can have HALF a cookie" business.

On top of that, I don't just want to limit my intake of the junk I already to eat. I want to cut it out. Which is why I think I need something drastic. Drastic is probably going to involve more time and money, but health is a worthy cause. Now I have to find a plan.

Although I'm not sure how healthy this is (actually, I'm pretty sure it isn't at all), I like the idea of Gwyneth Paltrow's detox diet. I mean it's pretty black and white. Down-to-the-minute play by play of exactly what you can and cannot have. That's what I'm going for. I need extreme.

It would also help if I was capable of cooking, which is why the word "easy" is a big factor in all of this as well. I think it's coming down to something like Nutrisystem...but really, I don't want to resort to frozen meals. :/ Something I actually have tried? A vegetable soup diet. Worst. Thing. Ever. I thought I was going to pass out at the end of the second day.

As far as working out goes, I'm considering hopping on the local YMCA bandwagon. A Planet Fitness just opened up right down the road from me, but I like the classes that the Y offers. Whether or not I will actually ever attend one is a different story.

This is why I never make New Year's Resolutions.

No comments: