Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ten on Tuesday Fun

(Questions from Roots & Rings)

1. What is the weather like in your city today?
Warm and fairly sunny. They're calling for thunderstorms later, though.

2. Do you like the zoo?
Sometimes. It depends on the zoo. I'm certainly not any kind of animal rights activist or anything, but sometimes it makes me sad to see the animals in captivity. :(

3. Do you eat coconut?
Not often. I don't hate it, but I don't particularly care for it.

4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it?
Yes. Not so much.

5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often?
Yes! We don't get to go every summer like we used to, mostly because everyone is so busy. But for a long time (starting when I was around two months old), we went to New Smyrna Beach, FL every summer. Some of my very best vacation memories are from that place. Also, if you're wondering, that would be the beach known as shark-attack capital of the world. Aside from the beach, we usually spend our 4th of Julys in Banner Elk, NC. I do love the beach...but summer in the mountains of NC is a close second.

6. How many pillows do you sleep with?
Just one.

7. What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
Check emails on my Droid. That's sad, isn't it?

8. Will you send your kids to summer camp?
Probably, but in a so-they-can-have-fun sense, rather than a daycare sense (not that you can't have both of those at the same time). Growing up, I participated in local summer programs like art camp, and also spent the latter half of many of my summers doing a kids musical program. Always loved it!

9. What do you put in your baked potatoes?
Typically just butter and sour cream.

10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid?
I did when I was three years old. It's actually one of the few things I remember at that early of an age. I can even remember that I had two teachers - a guy and a girl, and I'm pretty sure the girl's name was Rose. I also remember that my "default swim" was always the backstroke - I don't think I knew how to swim any other way, so I just went with it. Funny what you remember sometimes.

No comments: